masquerade cbotb

Friday 23 March 2012

Take inspiration at Sir Stampalot

So I have had a go at Casing/being inspired by a card, had a bit of a bother as I couldn't find my butterfly stamp and as it was for sir stampalots challenge, I knew that I had to stamp somewhere on the card.  So I have found a swirly stamp made of foam from the kids craft box and stamped it twice, then using my craft knife I cut around (i am so going to buy a swirly die very soon!!)  so that was the stamping, oh and a wee best wishes in the bottom rhs corner. 
Next I found some dotty ribbon and made a bow and crossed the card with it.  Then I layered a piece of white card onto a piece of dark blue and stuck on the anita's pearlescent butterfly in similar colours.
Found some suitable buttons and hey presto. Not as good as the original I hasten to add, I completely fell in love with Francesca's card. You can find it here.


So yes it was gorgeously sunny and yes i have got it displayed on a pile of sarking boards.
Challenges
Sir Stampalot - Take inspiration from a dt piece.
Cute Card thursday - Anything goes
Stampin for the weekend - Anything goes

Thanks so much for looking
Heidi xx

8 comments:

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the butterfly.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

pinky said...

Beautiful take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Sandra H said...

This is a beautiful card:)x

brenda said...

Morning Heidi

What a fabulous take on Francesca's card and it looks gorgeous in the tone on tone shades of blue.

Thanks so much for joining our inspirational theme at Stampalot Challenge this month.

Have a good weekend and take care if you are up on that roof.

B x

coops said...

so beautiful heidi.gorgeous colours and i love the swirls and butterfly ;D


xx coops xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

xxxtglxxx said...

Well I think you have been very inventive and clever! :)

Your card is gorgeous, love the butterfly and ribbon, and your home made swirls are soooooo creative! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Ruth said...

Brilliant take on Francesca's card.
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth